Smartphones have taken a major part in our lives . It is impossible for us to even imagine life without phones these days. Be it calling or shopping we depend on our smartphones for each and everything. Forget about adults but children nowadays are equally fond of phones. Be it gaming or watching videos on YouTube, a 2 year child can do each and everything in phone. But do we ever think that what impact will it have on small kids.
SMARTPHONES IN SCHOOL
ADVANTAGES OF ALLOWING SMARTPHONES IN SCHOOL
- It can be helpful at the time of emergency.
- It can be used as a source of information.
- Students can inform their parents about important things.
DISADVANTAGES OF ALLOWING SMARTPHONES IN SCHOOL
- Students get distracted because of use of smartphone in the class.
- They end up using social media during school hours.
- They could use camera in inappropriate manner.
- It can prevent them from mixing with other students.
- Smartphone act as an status symbol and other students may feel low because of some.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE
There is no doubt in the fact that the kind of life we are living is incomplete without cellphones. It is even not possible to spend a day without phone. If we talk about students then at the time of emergency they can use school office phone for any assistance and even they can ask their teachers for the same. An other alternative can be that schools can allow just normal phone that can used only for calling and ban smartphones in the campus.